Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I just got hot food splashed in my eye when taking something

I just got hot food splashed in my eye when taking something out of the oven. It did hurt quite a bit, but I think it was only in the corner of my eye near the tear duct, and on the skin. I didn't look though, as I immediately rinsed my eye with cold water for about ten minutes.

There is no vision impairment. The pain now is minimal.

What should be done now? Is it probably fine?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer:

Hello

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is indeed very unfortunate for this to have occured. But you have been lucky to have escaped from any major eye problem since there is no pain or visual problem.

Customer:

Okay so there's no problem since I can see fine, and it'll just heal and be fine?

Customer:

I mean it still hurts a bit, but just like a slight burn does.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You can just use lubricating eyedrops such as refresh tears eyedrops, 1 drop 4 times a dayalong with lacrilube ointment at bedtime.

Customer:

Ok thank you

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are most welcome. Take care.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Thank you and best wishes. It was a pleasure to have answered this question. Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated. Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist