Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I had a concussion 5 weeks ago. 2 times i had some slight

I had a concussion 5 weeks ago. 2 times i had some slight blurred vision and i was fatigued and tired at the end of nights ...which i expected.

after driving all day and working on computers 6 days ago I felt very fatigued in my RIGHT eye only.

5 weeks ago i saw ER doc..said you got bell rung ( no ct or mri )
3 weeks ago Normal doctor. said ok 30 days to heel. see an eye doctor.
4 days ago saw eye doc. said everything looks fine perfect vision ( said if anything its related to my brain not eyes )

Today My right eye just feels slightly off. its not much its the most slight dull fatigue...somehwat dry..its like my right eye is heavier. or the muscles are not relaxed. my left eye feels normal.

I guess Im trying to find out if it could be an eye strain. because Im more at risk for it do to Fatigue / computers and driving.

I am 28 years old. dont have any other conditions except some anxiety here and there...( especially now with all this going on )
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer:

yes

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Did you have any visual problems prior to the concussion?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you wear glasses or contact lenses?

Customer:

no ...the only thing is if I was on computers or video games all day..i could get a slight twitch in the right eye.

Customer:

no glasses

Customer:

Just say eye doc. said i had photophobia ..but perfect vision.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Twitching of eye muscles is a benign problem ( not serious/harmful) and can occur without any apparent reason. It is best to be left alone/ignored.

Customer:

I had this happen for a day or two during the first 3 weeks of the concussion. but it would go away.. now its lingered for the last 5 days. where my eyes just feels off..or fatigued

Customer:

this is not the twitching i had..this is more a DULL fatigue.. eye feels slightly heavy or dry

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you have any known history of sinusitis?

Customer:

no ..for the first time in my life last year...i had a sinus infection

Customer:

but the blow to the head was my forhead / top of the nose...near right eye

Customer:

i have felt congested ..almost like i had a head cold / sinus infection...

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The very fact that the eye exam by an ophthalmologist did not reveal any abnormality with the eyes shows that most probably the cause of the dull fatigue is outside the eye. Since the eye is surrounded on all four sides by sinuses, it is the most common cause for ocular pain or fatigue due to a non-ocular cause.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

For symptomatic relief I would suggest you to try using over the counter lubricating eye drops such as preservative free refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for 2-3 weeks.

Customer:

Ok thanks I will try that. and follow up with my doctor in 2 weeks

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Apart from that try doing steam inhalation just before bedtime, as it will help to relieve any nasal or sinus congestion.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is there anything else that I can answer for you?

Customer:

No i think that all makes sense... Thanks very much.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are most welcome.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response. An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.