Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

My husband had Mohs cancer surgery on his face. the doctor

My husband had Mohs cancer surgery on his face. the doctor had to go so deep to remove the cancer her cut the nerve that makes the eyelid open and shut. Can that be repaired?
What are the options for this condition?

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom :

Also, having recently had two Mohs procedures, I deeply sympathize with what your husband is going through.

Dr. Tom :

It sounds like he is having trouble with his facial nerve. Yes, there is help for him. However, in the interum it will very important that his eye doesn't get into problems from exposure and drying. The frequent use of an artificail tear like Systane and the use of Lacrilube ointment, particularily at bedtime, will help prevent exposure. Both are available over the counter.

Dr. Tom :

As I see that you are off line and can't do this " Live Chat", I'll switch to Q and A. When I hear back from you we'll discuss the facial nerve options. And you can continue to ask questions.

Just type a message in the box and I will get back to you.

This is just a quick follow up Kathy. Let me know when it's convenient to chat.
Dear XXXXX, I am still waiting to help you. Please get back to me . Thank you.