Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

After an ordinary cataract surgery my vision is worse than

After an ordinary cataract surgery my vision is worse than before. My doctor said it is a
common complication after an eye surgery ie a corneal edema and that it will pass after a week or so.
Is this correct and what should I do to fasten the relief of the symptoms?
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How long ago did you have your eye surgery?

Are you using any drops other then the ones you listed?

Did the surgeon mention any unusual issues during your surgery or any complications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
I see that you have not yet returned to the tread. As I have to meet my daughter and new grandbaby for lunch please allow me to respond to your question....

I can tell you that, yes, corneal edema is a common occurrence even after uncomplicated cataract surgery.

In the majority of cases it clears up in a few weeks. Sometimes it can be so severe that another surgery (corneal transplant, DSEK, etc) is needed to repair the issue but, from what you have posted, I do not think you will need anything other than a bit of time for things to heal up.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS