Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

My daughter is 31, for the last few months she has had vertigo

My daughter is 31, for the last few months she has had vertigo symptoms on and off and was prescribed stematil, which helps. It came back in the last week accompanied by headaches and she has some tingling in her hands. Her doctor had her look to the right and left and noticed her eyes flickering, my daughter didn't notice this. She is also very tired and said she feels the world is tilting/pulling to the right. She has been referred to a neurologist. I don't plan on telling her anything you tell me but am very worried about her. She thinks she has a brain tumour

thank you, Janine
Hello Janine,

Welcome to

I can understand your concern but agree with the doctor regarding an opinion from the neurologist. A detailed evaluation would help her to alley her fears. Flickering of eyes or nystagmus can occur in various conditions which need to be investigated. Not every severe headache is due to a brain tumour and we always try to investigate for all possible causes. The neurologist may want to do the MRI scan of the brain followed by other tests if need be. I guess you must ask her to stay calm till the tests are done and the reports are revealed.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response. An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, we have agreed there is no point worrying or imagining things until she has been seen by the neurologist, not easy, but you have made me feel calmer, thank you!

You are most welcome. I wish the very best for your daughter. Take care.