Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I hurt my eye by a sudden jerk of my hand on my eyelid .No

I hurt my eye by a sudden jerk of my hand on my eyelid .No redness ,no swelling, no tearing,at this time no doctor is availblehere. I need advice if it is alright to wait till tomorrow to see an eyspecialist?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

You may just have a small scratch on your cornea.

I would use some lubricating ointment, such as refresh PM or lacrilube to soothe and lubricate your eye.

Your eye should feel back to normal in 12 to 24 hours. If it doesn't, then you should have an ophthalmologist take a look at you.

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
WOW! A poor rating! You didn't even reply back to me for more information first.

That is not very nice at all.

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need to know of an opthalmological preparation.this anyone tell. I provided good medical information:rest, keep the eye coverd?
Or see a doctor immediately?
Refresh PM and lacrilube ARE ophthalmological preparations.

From the information you posted, you do not need any antibiotics etc at this point.

You do not need to keep your eye covered or patched.

Once again, from what you have posted, you do not need to see an ophthalmologist immediately, and going to a regular doctor will not be of much value as she would not have the training and equipment to examine your eye.

I hope that this information is helpful and meets your expectations such that you will give me a positive rating and, therefore, erase the stain of your previous negative response. As you can see, another ophthalmologist has agreed with the clinical information I provided to you....

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.