Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

*Female; age 37* On March 2nd of this year a vehicle ran a

*Female; age 37* On March 2nd of this year a vehicle ran a red light and ran into my car. Vision in both eyes (had 20/20 vision) went blurry instantly upon impact (think it was due in part to the air bag and smoothie I was holding hitting my face). Two days later I visited an opthamologist due to cornea abrasions in both eyes in which she gave prescription for Tobramycin & Dexamethasone. The drops instantly helped improve my vision. A week later I visited the opthamologist again and my eyes were diluted in order for her to look at the back of the eyes (they were fine). During the same visit, my left eye tested at 20/20 but the right eye has not yet. Today is the 12th and for most of the day my vision in both eyes are blurry but then the left eye will clear up, which leaves only the right blurry. I have never gone a whole day with clear vision. I was told it would probably take a week to heal but it's now 10 days. I know everybody heals differently so I was wondering if my healing progress is normal. Can it take weeks to heal or were my eyes supposed to return to normal within the 1st week? I'm kind of worried that I may need to wear glasses for the rest of my life. Thanks for your help.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you avsilable to chat?

Hi. Yes I am.

Doctor DanB : while most abrasions do heal in 7-10 days, the cornea can still be dry and irritated which can cause the vision to remain fuzzy. To treat that, I would recommend using artificial tears 3-4x/day in that eye for the next 1-2 weeks to help that out.

Is it okay to use it and still use the drops the opthamologist recommended?

Doctor DanB : Yes, it is. Did he still want you on the Tobradex drops even though the abrasion has healed?

I went last thursday and was told to continue it but reduce the drops from 4x per day to 3. My next visit is friday.

Doctor DanB : I see. It's likely that its still not all the way healed, but I think it's a good idea to use both; just separate the two drops by 3-4 minutes each if you take them at the same time.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

No all my questions have been answered. I tried asking these types of questions to her but unfortunately she seemed uninterested and only answered "I don't know". Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!