Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i guess that is what the ct scan was for, re the wrinkly skin

Customer Question

i guess that is what the ct scan was for, re the wrinkly skin and peeling neck, i had not been on medication of any kind for 5 months when this started. i did apply cortate but it made no difference. my skin on my neck has continued to be itchy for 6 months now, but the peeling skin happened only about 4 times. more symptoms. always have tons of clear mucous in nose and mouth, sometimes feel increasing pressure in ears until there is like an explosion then within 10 mins or so get tons more mucous. i always have mucous on the inside of my right eye, i wipe it away and it is back in 10 mins., as said over the years it seems to go lower down all the time, it went from my eyes bothering me most to my forehead now it is above my ears, headaches are a constant
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

How long has this problem been going on for?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : How long has this problem been going on for?
Dr. Rick : Are you available to chat?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi i have had this prob for 12 years, it started with eye infections for about 2 years then they stopped and i was getting sinus infectioins that never stopped,. i am a 55 year old male. another doctor i was with was going down the road of blockage, and certainly that is obvious but what is making the blockage. i am thinking about the tons of clear mucous i get always, balls of wet mucous falling out of my nose tons of mucous in my mouth,, i was tested for allergies that all came back negative, it is not seasonal i have it all year, i live in canada where we have 4 clear seasons and widely varying temperatures

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have asked a number of questions on this site and never given positive feedback on even one of them.

As you might already know, without positive feedback your expert is not compensated for their efforts and knowledge.

Your problem is complex and I would like to know your intentions concerning positive feedback before we get too deep into this issue.

I look forward to your reply.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm sorry you have been suffering for so long.

It sounds like you have been receiving good care from very qualified physicians without any significant lasting improvement in your condition. At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

If you could tell me what large city you live near and how far it would be possible for you to travel in seeking treatment I would be happy to give you some names. Of course, you could also ask friends and associates or check the internet yourself. Let me know what you would like to do.

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS