Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

Why is my eye sight so bad now, since I had TTP in 2008. Who

Customer Question

Why is my eye sight so bad now, since I had TTP in 2008. Who can I go See about this. Help me Please.I live in Black River,NY
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
JACUSTOMER-ho3adws2- :

Go ahead sir.

Dr. Tom : First, thank you for your question. And the first thing to learn from you is when you have had your last complete exam.
JACUSTOMER-ho3adws2- :

About 2 weeks ago at the eye dr. Got new glasses,Dont know why.

Dr. Tom :

Was you examination done by an MD ophthalmologist?

JACUSTOMER-ho3adws2- :

Yes

Dr. Tom :

Well.....generally we can find the cause of decreased vision at the first examination, but if your ophthalmologist did not find anything in your retinal exam that pointed to TTP, I think you should be evaluated by a retinal specialist. Would you like me to research a qualified retina specialist near Black River?

JACUSTOMER-ho3adws2- :

Yes Please

Dr. Tom :

do you have any other question that I can try to help you with before I check out to find a specialist?

JACUSTOMER-ho3adws2- :

No Thanks

Dr. Tom :

OK.....I will do that for you. It's best that we check out of this Live Chat...and go over to the Q and A so that I can send you an email with the doctor's name and address. So would you please rate my help to you with a positive Happy face so we can check you....you may always come back to ask me additional questions. Thank you.

Dr. Tom :

that was suppose to be " check out"....not "you"

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.

Joe......Here is a group, fairly near you in Watertown, who has several very well trained retina specialists........Surely they can determine the cause of your visual loss and if it is associated with TTP......Please let me know what you find out? Thank you.

http://www.rvscny.com/Watertown.htm

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.

Dear Joe,

Please let me know if you received the address you wanted and if I can do anything more for you. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.
Hi Joe....if you don't have any more questions....please go ahead and give a positive rating. And please send me a follow up with questions or outcomes....thanks.