Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

12 years ago i was getting eye infections for about 2 years

Customer Question

12 years ago i was getting eye infections for about 2 years constantly, then it stopped and i started getting sinus infections, and that has maintained since that time, i still have lots of pain around my eye area, though not the actual eyeball itself, it is as if there is someone cutting inside. sometimes i will feel this great pressure in my ears then it will suddenly stop, in addition over the years i was getting sinusitis in my forehead mainly, but now it seems to move lower and lower, and now my ears are being effected on a regular basis. i have seen several ent specialists and even had a sinus cautherization that did nothing at all, presently just went back on antibiotics, around august is that my neck gets really itchy for a couple of days then the skin on my neck would peel, but now that iess than it was but generally my neck looks wrinkly,, now my lips go through periods of intense dryness, as for my eyes at times they look sunken into my head at times, and they are also very beady looking when they are bothering me, i have looked for years on the web to try to find answers but no luck. ent doctors dont know what to tell me anymore, they all say that there is not much mucous there, but there are times i will just have these wet mucous balls just fall out my nose on to my shirt, then there are the chronic head pains i have, but i would not classify them as headaches, so thats that,, any ideas?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using this site. I am Dr Ken and would do the best I can to answer your question.

Do not forget - The deposit you placed to asked this question in not used to compensate me until you rate my answer. Please remember when you are asked for rating, you are rating 'My Service' and not the site itself or your device.

Were any investigations done to see for the cause?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i had allergy tests done, blood work , a ct scan and a physical exam where a scope was put up my nose.

Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.

I assume you mean CT scan for paranasal sinuses and temporal bone. Was MRI for orbits done?

Your symptoms indicate inflammation at the sinuses/ Eustachian tube. I would like to rule out blockage at the naso-lacrimal duct too {this duct drains lacrimal fluid from eye to the nasal cavity}. Blockage of this duct causes increased chances of infection. Conventional dacrocystogram or MR dacrocystogram needs to be obtained to see for the patency of the duct.

Wrinkling at the neck is likely due to reaction to the medicines. Local application of steroid cream or oral steroid {short course} should give relief.

Wish you well.

Let me know if you want me to explain anything in more detail. If you feel the need to click either " Bad service" or "Helped a little", please stop and reply via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to explain more on the specific concern.

Best