Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Blood Vessel in Eye Cause Extreme Discomfort

A solid eyeliner particle fell into my eye when I was removing the eyeliner about 7 months ago, causing a long and red blood vessel in my eye. It was extremely uncomfortable right afterwards, but much better after several weeks . I didn't feel it for months until last week. The blood vessel constantly gives me a feeling of there is an eyelash there, but there is actually not.  It made me often flip my upper eyelid to check if there is an eye lash there but all i found is nothing but the blood vessel.  The uncomfortable feeling got maximized when i rolled my eyes.  I tried to use lubricant eye drop and nighttime lubricant eye ointment to soothe it, but it burns when i put the them in my eye. I also tried to use hot towel as a hot compress on eyes, but it didn't work either. What am i suppose to do?  

Welcome to Pearl.com

It is very unlikely for a blood vessel to have remained chronically inflammed for so long. However it can be treated symptomatically as it is bothersome . You can continue wih the lubricaing eye drops and ointment. Apart from that you can try using OTC Alaway/ Zaditor eye drops, 1 drop 2 times a day for 2 to 3 weeks.It has anti allergy and anti inflammatory effect.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and
not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.

An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist