Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Can I get drops for my 10 week old baby at the chemist for

Can I get drops for my 10 week old baby at the chemist for possible conjunctivits or do I need to go to the dr first it's not too glumpy at the moment n no red eyes

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer: Yes I am thank you I had trouble with the net on my phone
Doctor DanB : Has your baby had a cold recently?
Customer: No no cold but last week my brother his uncle did have conjunctivitis he didn't touch him but they were in the same room
Doctor DanB : Okay this sounds like this could be viral, in which case they will usually resolve on their own, but in a child so young, this could be bacterial. Unfortunately I think the child should be seen by an ophthalmologist to determine whether antibiotic drops are needed.
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this? 
Doctor DanB : If not, Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Customer: before you left did you see my other question about making an appointment straight away and what has happened since I cleaned it last?
Customer: At 5.24pm?
Customer: Did you see my question at 5.24pm?
Customer: Hello again did you see my question at 5.24?
Doctor DanB : Yes, I think if you've cleaned it out and the discharge hasn't come back again, you may be okay to keep watch on this. But...
Doctor DanB : If the discharge continues, then I would make an appt straightway.
Customer: Sorry my computer is playing up so I can't see the reply from what I said at 5.24 sorry
Doctor DanB : Yes, I think if you've cleaned it out and the discharge hasn't come back again, you may be okay to keep watch on this. But...If the discharge continues, then I would make an appt straightway.
Sorry for the technical difficulties.

Yes, I think if you've cleaned it out and the discharge hasn't come back again, you may be okay to keep watch on this. But...

If the discharge continues, then I would make an appt straightway.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you for all your help sorry fir the problems with my computer you have helped alot thanks again :-)
My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. 

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!