Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My mom is 72 diabetic: she ate 6 blackberries 3days ago and

My mom is 72 diabetic: she ate 6 blackberries 3days ago and broke out in hives. We gave her 2 benadryl, she seemed better. But today throat , eyes swollen and pharmacist suggested reactian. Tonight she has chills and temp of 38.2. I heated blankets and placed on her.What do you suggest?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. I would recommend either ibuprofen or Tylenol. If she had the Benadryl 3 days ago, I don't think this is a reaction to that, but more likely another illness altogether. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Are you there?

Yes , my first time using this sorry. When should I worry about fever

Doctor DanB : If the fever is above 39 degrees for more than a couple of days or there are other signs of infection such as cough, shortness of breath or altered consciousness. It's quite likely she just has a viral infection that will pass in a few days' time.

Thank you

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Do you have any other questions about this? 

No tks

Doctor DanB : Okay. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!