Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My mother is 73 years old, she is having permanent headache

My mother is 73 years old, she is having permanent headache since a week, she saw doctor twice this week but she still having the headache
she had many surgeries in one of her eyes , also she has blood pressure last reading was 173/68

what is your device please , which doctor we should see?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Is she being treated for high blood pressure with medicine?

she is taking treatment for blood pressure

Doctor DanB : Is the headache around the eye that has had the surgeries? If not, where is the headache?

is in the same side left side and as per her is goes down to her sholders

and she says she feels like knocking in her head

Doctor DanB : What doctor did she see twice this week? When did she last see her ophthalmologist?

she saw GP plus she visited her ophthalmologist and he assured that eyes pressure is normal

Doctor DanB : Was her blood pressure this elevated when she saw her doctor earlier this week?

first time was 183/64 second time was 168/68

he added another medicine called Aneas to the original one she is having since 3 years

one important thing you need to know

Doctor DanB : I think the addition is appropriate. Fortunately her ophthalmologist has said her eye is safe. As far as which doctor to see, I would recommend asking her doctor for some pain medicine or a muscle relaxant as it sounds like this may be a tension-type of headache. What is she taking for the headache?

they made x ray for the neck and shoulder and they found muscles , they gave her relaxon and panadol

Doctor DanB : Has it helped?

but pain still

Doctor DanB : I think the next-step would be to see a neurologist. This is the doctor that will be able to sort out the etiology of the headaches. Does this make sense?

let me share with you other important thing

Doctor DanB : Okay.

long time you removed all pf her lower jaw teeth except 2

and she is having artificial teeth where she removed when she sleeps

Doctor DanB : Thanks for the additional information. That certainly could play a role in the headache, but the neurologist can help sort out the reason why she's having the headache.

2 nights contiusely she was not able to sleep

Doctor DanB : I would ask her doctor for another round of pain medicine and to refer her to a neurologist unless you feel like the doctor has a handle on the headache.

OK , how can i communicate with you for consultation when she see neurologist?

Doctor DanB : You can come back to this thread or... If you provide positive feedback, I can send a message to you to check in with you in a certain number of days or weeks to see how it's going.

Thanks a lot Dr.

Doctor DanB : My pleasure good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
How is your mother doing? Was she able to see a neurologist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Doctor

all good now, we made all tests and it was more from jaw stress

Thanks for letting me know how she's doing. I'm glad they were able to pinpoint the cause.