Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

RA-gd

Customer Question

I have pain and discomfort in my upper left abdomen. I was diagnosed with mono a year and a half ago. I went to the dr a few months ago and he completly ignormed my symptoms. I got a CBC test that was "normal". It gets worse when I do physical stuff. It looks like my eyes are yellowing. I am tired and I cannot sleep well. Any ideas? Should I go to another doctor?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom :

May I ask you one additional question before wew get started?

JACUSTOMER-jote6o3m- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-jote6o3m- :

What is your question?

Dr. Tom :

Well, first, your symptoms should not be ignored as you said they were. But with the complaint of abdomal pain, mono and yellow eyes...may I ask if you have noticed any darkening of your urine?

JACUSTOMER-jote6o3m- :

hmmm...maybe a bit.

JACUSTOMER-jote6o3m- :

When I went to the doctor when I told him I had mono a while back he just did the CBC test and sent me on my way. Did not look more into it.

Dr. Tom :

OK...thanks for that information. Yes.....getting another opinion is very important. Some of your symptoms suggest liver involvement.

Dr. Tom :

May I answer any other question?

JACUSTOMER-jote6o3m- :

ok.

Dr. Tom :

Please let me know how your second opinion turns out. Best wishes.

JACUSTOMER-jote6o3m- :

thanks

Dr. Tom :

Wow!! please tell me how I deserved your rating of poor service?

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 4 years ago.

Hi again Megan,

Getting a poor rating from you really hurt. I tried to answer your question and offer help. Please tell me what I can do to achieve a positive rating from you? Please ask any other questions you wish. Thank you.

Is there anything I can do to get you to reconsider and re-rate my care for you to a positive?