Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Greetings, I have diagnosed with intraocular hypertension

I have diagnosed with intraocular hypertension and was prescribed carteolol HCL 2% and I have been using it for the last 3 days. When I administer it I have burning in my eye, is it normal or should I stop using it? And is there any other more effective/safe solutions that I can use? Thanks..

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. The burning is quite normal and may be mediated by using an artificial tear 4-5 mins before putting the drop in.
Doctor DanB : This drop works very well though many ophthalmologists believe a drop like Lumigan, Xalatan, or Travatan is a better first-line option.
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!