Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I got watered down bleach in my eye 2 days ago. It stung for

Customer Question

I got watered down bleach in my eye 2 days ago. It stung for a few minutes but I went on my way continuing to pressure wash. My eyes watered and it seemed to rinse out with my tears. When I woke up this morning my eye was swore, not swollen. It's not red or dry. Just sore. It just started swelling up a fwe hours ago. Not bad but just noticable. What should I do ?

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Thankfully it doesn't sound like you are too bad off. I would recommend using cool compresses on the eyes as much as you want throughout the day; this will help limit the swelling. In addition I would use preservative free artificial tears as much as you can over the next few days. Any preservative free artificial tear you wish to buy should work fine. I would just recommend not buying the kind that says get the red out or redness reliever. If you been doing this for 2 to 3 days and you're getting worse or still no better, I would recommend you to see your ophthalmologist. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!