Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems

My daughter has brown marks on the white of her eye since she

My daughter has brown marks on the white of her eye since she was born also the eye that has the brown marks the iris is nearly black while the other eyes is hazel green been to optometrist they said her eyes were fine what could it be

Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom :

You describe a benign condition of heterochromia iridis. Here is a link to a Scienctific American article that gives a good description:... The brown spot on her conjunctiva ( the white part of the eye) is likely an acculation of pigment, or a conjuntival nevus ( freckle). These are usually benign as well. However, were she my child, I would what this checked by an ophthalmologist. Maybe get some baseline photos with his special camera. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Jess,,,,,,Please let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you I've looked on the Internet and found that or maybe nevus of ota
Thanks for the follow up Jess. My hunch is that your little girl will be just fine, but please do consider getting an ophthalmologist to see her for confirmation.