Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems

i am in NYC and want to get prp eye drops for severe dry eye post lasik. does anyone know where I can get this ?

Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom :

Hi....please let me know if you are available to chat?

Dr. Tom :

I've researched your question and can provide you with a NYC location.

Dr. Tom :

Please let me know if this is helpful and if I can answer anything further.

JACUSTOMER-eyh3ut2s- :

Dr. Tom :

If you would like, I'll be happy to give you the name of a very good corneal ophthalmologist who has extensive experience with lasik problems.

JACUSTOMER-eyh3ut2s- :

Hello, I am looking for PRP eye drops. This seems to be for joint problems.

JACUSTOMER-eyh3ut2s- :

no thank you, XXXXX XXXXX just looking for prp eye drops like these:

Dr. Tom :

OK....can you give me a few minutes to check further with a cornea collegue?

JACUSTOMER-eyh3ut2s- :

Dr. Tom :

Take a look at this abstract while I'm trying to reach a corneal specialist....

Dr. Tom :

This is going to take more time than I thought, and I don't want to hold you up un-necessarily. So we have two options, (1) I can opt out of our chat and see if any other expert can answer you immediately......or (2) if you are not in a big hurry, I will continue to seek your answer and get back to you. What would you like to do?

Dr. Tom :

Since you must've stepped away for a moment, I will switch this over to the question and answer format. Please leave me a message so that I know which option you choose. I will be more than happy to continue searching for an answer to your question, if there is a New York location. It's a question that I would like to know as well.

I shall be standing by to hear from you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will wait for you (option 2)

Hi Zoso, I just got a notice that you gave me a poor rating. Please tell me why. I am in an email dialog now trying to find an answer for you in NY. You had sent an email that you wanted to wait on me to get your answer??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I need a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP, PRGF, E-PRP etc ..) EYE DROP manufacturer or Ophthalmologist that can prescribe PRP EYE DROPS near the NYC area.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Originally you provided me with ortho info. I waited for you but then my question was opened up to all experts. I didn't think you were coming back again. This is my first time... If you are still working on the question I would be happy to update my response, if I can

Thanks Zoso....these chats can get complicated by the computer. Thank you for agreeing to re-rae me....I get bad marks with JA if you don't give a positive rating, and I really want to help you. You have a tough question...and I am waiting on a collegue. now to talk with his collegue in NYC. Please re-rate and stand by. Thanks.
Thank you for upgrading the rating. I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can with the information you have requested.

I just heard back from a highly regarded lasix surgeon here that his collegue, Eric Donnenfeld, MD (who has several offices in your area) offers the service you requested. His web site is:

I hope this is helpful and the answer you wanted. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He is incorrect. Dr Donnenfeld does not offer PRP eye drops

Thank you for briefing me on that, Zoso. I will go back to work for you and see what else I can find.
OK is a follow up.

I went back to the first website I sent to you

and I personally called Tonya at their lab in Georgia.

She told me that Dr. Steve McCormick at NY Eye and Ear(NNN) NNN-NNNNhas worked with her and has experience in PRP.

She also told me that her patients fly to Atlanta, to her lab, have blood drawn and drops are prepared in a sterile hospital OR. A 3 month supply is about $300 there. She gave that as a reference cost as she did not know the pricing by Dr. McCormick.

BTW, this is the toughest question I've worked with on JA...because it is a very seldom used technique. Although it sure sounds promising. I have enjoyed helping you....and I hope you will consider my help worth an excellent rating. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am the one that brought those two together. Dr. Steve McCormick will not do PRP. He does autologous serum only.

I appreciate the effort but it doesn't seem you were able to get any further than I was. However, I did find an ophthalmologist willing to work with me.

Thank you for your time.

Regards ...

I am very sorry....Tayna specifically said that her lab had given their PRP protocol to Dr. McCormick.