Dr. Tom. Thank you for your reply.
I will look for Restasis and Biotears. Following are some concerns I'd like you to answer.
1) The ache in my left eye feels like it comes from deeper in the eye. The eyeball is also sensitive to any pressure if I touch it. There is also swelling and dark circles under that eye. Why is this happening? Could it be eye strain? To relieve the pain, | rest my eyes. To hide the swelling and dark circle I use cosmetics. Will this pass over time?
2) My left eye (far) eye sees to "repel" off the surface of close objects (as I read, write, eat, etc). This causes a halo and blur as if I'm looking through a wet window). As my brain adjusts will this disappear? Likewise, my right (near/close) eye keeps me from seeing medium or far objects clearly (much like above wet window/halo) and I find malls and such places overwhelming in straining to see and to orientate myself. I do not drive my car for this reason. What is this? Will it disappear over time? How long should it take.
3) Even when both eyes are lubricated (I can feel moisture in the eyes) they still burn and feel very sore (sometimes my left eye is extremely painful and burns more that the right eye at those times). I assume this isn't dry eye? Is the surface of my eye healing and therefore experiencing pain? I almost always must wear dark glasses, even in darker rooms.
Please explain what you think it could be and how I can treat it.
4) How do I know if my eyes and brain just need more time to heal and adjust or if it needs correcting? I was not a contact lens wearer, not was it suggested to me by the surgeon. My prescription was in the -6 to -7 range prior to the blended surgery. I had worn progressive glasses with no problem. I've also worn glasses for over 50 years.
5) How long can it take before both eyes are working together? The surgeon said the left eye sees far but "helps" the right, and the right sees near but "helps" the left. so far, both eyes see clearly on their own but the opposite happens when trying to see using both together.
These are all the concerns I can think of at the present. If there is more I hope to ask while we are in contact. Since I am quite distressed over all this, I greatly appreciate all help to see clearly and as painlessly as I had been promised.
P.S. This was typed by my husband because I cannot see well enough to do it myself.