Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

I have been diagnosed with iritis since August 2012 and have

I have been diagnosed with iritis since August 2012 and have been prescribed different drops since then. I am in a circle of drops that eliminate the inflamation and then my eye pressure goes up really high -then take pressure drops and inflamation comes back..

I was sent to a arthritis and Rheutmatolgy Dooctor and he is ordering an MRI.

Why is finding a solution so difficult?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom :

Are you available to chat about your eye question?

Customer:

ok

Dr. Tom :

Good morning. I am sorry that you are having this problem. You describe a situation faced daily in our ophthalmology offices. The good news is that there is a great chance for you to finially get reguate. Iritis is in a way like arthritis....and you know how arthritis goes through waxing and waning periods. While your treatment is frustrating, you and your doctors are following the proper course to protect your eye sight. Please ask me anything in follow up you need to know.

Customer:

Purpose of mri and why is it taking so long

Dr. Tom :

The purpose of the MRI is to look for tumors, cysts or inflamatory swelling that could point to a cause for the iritis. It is taking this long because the precise cause for the iritis is as yet unknow in your case. Treatment in your case, as it is initially in most of our cases, is to control the ocular inflamation until either your immune system brings the inflamation under controll or a specific cause is identified. May I answer anything else for you?

Customer:

Yes: I wake up every day with a headache and not sure what kind it is: from stress, iritis, allergy, migraine, sinus, weather related - I live in Florida and am told barometric pressure can cause headache. Also I am on the computer alot-business. What can I do - cold pack or hot?

Dr. Tom :

Well, as you know, waking with a headache is is certainly not normal. Thankfully you have the MRI scheduled, so if you have any serious brain cause for the headache it will be detected. If all is well with the MRI ( it will also evaluate your sinus question),migrane is also a possibility, but allergies would be the next to evaluate. In the meantime, the cool pack would be more likely to help than heat. Anything else?

Customer:

Thank you. I find your information helpful and enlightening.

Dr. Tom :

You are welcome. Best wishes

Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience: 30 years experience treating patients with eye problems