Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

my script is for OD: +2.00-75x90/8.7 and OS +1.75-75x90/8.7

my script is for OD: +2.00-75x90/8.7 and OS +1.75-75x90/8.7 both with +1.50 ADD. The lens given me has an 8.4 BC, my vision is blurry and the optometrist I was seeing.....well, enough said. Would the difference in the BC make much of a difference?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. While it won't make a large difference in the vision, it can make enough f one to noticeably blur the vision, yes.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this? 

The vision seems good right after eye drops work in or if I put a bit of pressure on my closed eyelid, but then becomes blurry and out of focus. Would the difference in BC cause this to happen? I'm just holding off placing an order to I understand if the difference is important.

Doctor DanB : Yes, the difference in BC could cause this and your use of drops and pressing on the eyelid all make sense in this regard.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a chance and order what was prescribed. One last question though, how would one find an optometrist in Tucson Arizona who specializes or who is respected in the prescribing and especially the fitting of contact lenses?

Doctor DanB : Well, really every optometrist specializes in this; that is basically the specialization and domain of an optometrist. So it would then come down to which optometrist you think is best or you trust the most.

Thank you.