Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

DR. RICK ONLY-:At last: an EYE problem!!!!

DR. RICK ONLY-:
At last: an EYE problem!!!!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the Moderator for this topic.Dr Rick is not available right now, but I have sent him a message to follow up with you here, when he comes back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience!

Camille

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will continue to wait for Dr. Rick.

Thank you.

Thank you for your continuned patience:-)
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you -- I managed to squeeze a vacation with my Wife into my busy schedule :-)

You did the right thing by switching to your glasses. Look carefully at the contact that was in your irritated eye and make sure that it doesn't have any little tears, defects or gunk stuck to it. If it does, throw it away. Actually, if it would not be too much trouble, it might be best to get a new pair of contacts.

Use cool compresses to soothe your eye along with artificial tears. You can also use the tobramycin 4x/day for 7 days although, from what you have posted, that may not be necessary.

If things have gotten worse since you have posted this thread, if you vision has deteriorated or if you are having pain, you should get in to see an ophthalmologist or optometrist ASAP to be safe -- after all you only have two eyes :)

I hope you are otherwise doing well....

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Take care and stay in touch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Kudos to your wife for getting you to take her away--she must be very special!!! Hope you both had fun!

My eye is MUCH better today....i wore my lenses, seemingly w/o incident; i WAS scared BEFORE, tho'--

'Am glad i have the drops for a possible flare-up....

Thanx for GREAT advice!!!!

We had a great time

Glad to hear that your eye is doing better.

Take care and have a good evening.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest