Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

i can"t see distance very well with the contacts that i received.

Customer Question

i can"t see distance very well with the contacts that i received. they are toric don't know if i should have the doctor retest for stronger perscription for distance or what
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
JACUSTOMER-6u3mdh4z- :

what do you suggest i do

Dr. Tom :

Hi...and thanks for your question. To help me answer you may I ask you a couple of questions?

JACUSTOMER-6u3mdh4z- :

yes

Dr. Tom :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX any history of any eye deseases? How do you normaly handle your reading requirements when you have your contacts on?

JACUSTOMER-6u3mdh4z- :

no history of any eye disease...... as fae\r as reading i use reader glasses

Dr. Tom :

The reason for the second question is that you may have had a fitting that allowed you to have some near vision at the compromise of distant vision. Does that may sense?

Dr. Tom :

However if you are use to great distance vision, it sound like you need a re-fitting.

JACUSTOMER-6u3mdh4z- :

in the whenever i worn contact i always could see better than with glasses, but not this time

Dr. Tom :

Yes, I agree. It sounds like you need to have the lens power re-evaluated. Is there anything else I can answer for you while we are chatting?

JACUSTOMER-6u3mdh4z- :

no thank you

Dr. Tom :

You bet. Please write again if anything else comes up.

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.

Best wishes Deb,

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.
Deb, Please take a minute to rate my response to your question with a big smiley face. If you need anything else to insure that your satisfied, please ask. Thanks