Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

I see something floating over my retina, it comes into my vision

Customer Question

I see something floating over my retina, it comes into my vision when i blink and moves out of my vision when i open my eye, every time i blink, i see a distortion of vision moving over my eye. I can see "it" when i look closely in the mirror, but it is not an eyelash, it is some cloudy substance / small tiny hair looking thing. i have rinsed my eyes several times with saline and nothing is coming out. it almost looks like i have another contact lense moving over my eye back and forth. should i go into eye doc asap?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Tom :

Hi, It appears that you rated this bad service, before we could address your question. As a doctor trying to help, your bad rating implies that I did nothing useful to help you. So may we please start over so that I can help you?

Customer :

sorry, i kept trying to view the answer and couldn't get through, i now tried on a different computer, appears to be working now

Dr. Tom :

Ok...are you ready to chat now?

Customer :

yes, thx

Dr. Tom :

Would you mind to please erase the bad service rating so we can get started ....if you are unhappy with my service you can still rate my help to you as you think appropriate.

Dr. Tom :

May I ask if you have noticed any flashing lights or sparkling flashes in the vision of the affected eye?

Customer :

i haven't no, i have been treated for dry eye's in the past for contact usage, etc.

Dr. Tom :

Well, the way you describe the floating object and that it seems to distort your vision, it sounds more like a vitreous detachment than a retinal issue. It is probably not serious, but should be checked out with a dialated retinal exam. Are you very nearsighted?

Dr. Tom :

Is your eye care provided by an ophthalmologist?

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.

Please let me know if you would like to speak further about your eye problem.

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.
Please go ahead and click the positive rating button. However, I am glad to continue to answer your questions until you are satisfied. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure who's issue it was, the answer came like 6 hours later, chat didn't work several times

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 3 years ago.

Hi....thanks for your feedback. I apologize for the problem with the technical system....I also am sometimes frustrated by the computer world.

Unfortunately when you select to give a poor rating it affects the doctor and not the system at Just Answer.

So would you be willing to un-do your bad rating and let me be sure that you are at least satisfied with the medical help that I can provide?