Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi, a college teenager is color blind and is having trouble

Hi, a college teenager is color blind and is having trouble sometimes discriminating colors in the college laboratory. Is there any treatment or solution to this issue. thanks

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

No. There is nothing that can be done to affect this issue at all.

Dr. Rick :

As you might already know, the most common form or color blindness in the population consists of a red/green deficiency. This occurs in about 8% of males.

Dr. Rick :

Do not waste time on colored overlays or any other "therapy"....they are all scams.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : No. There is nothing that can be done to affect this issue at all.
Dr. Rick : As you might already know, the most common form or color blindness in the population consists of a red/green deficiency. This occurs in about 8% of males.
Dr. Rick : Do not waste time on colored overlays or any other "therapy"....they are all scams.
Dr. Rick : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
Dr. Rick : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Please accept my apologies for the technical problems we have experienced with the chat system today.