eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children

Hello, I have a prescription of 8.70 BC, a Dia. 14.00 and

I have a prescription of 8.70 BC, a Dia. 14.00 and Sph. -4.25 for my right eye. In my left eye, I have an astigmatism, with a prescription of 8.50 BC, 14.50 Dia. -3.50 Sph., -1.25 Cyl., and 180 Axis.
I was looking for some colored contacts, but cannot seem to find a brand that matches both eyes. Freshlook Torics have my size for the left eye, but do not carry my exact size in my right eye. The difference is a .1 BC and a .50 Dia. Will this really affect my comfort? Or would it be okay to get a 8.6 BC and 14.5 Dia. for my right eye?
Fast answer please! Thank you.

eyesight2020 :

eyesight2020 :

I will do my best to give you an answer although you are offline.

eyesight2020 :

It sounds to me tbat you are wearing the acuvue brand of contacts and wnt to switch to freshlook.

eyesight2020 :

I do not have the exact measurements that your doctor based his decision on to prescribe the acuvue brand

eyesight2020 :

However,it would be best for you to perhaps have your eye doctor give you a trial pair of the freshlook brand so you can try them out for comfort.I do not beleive it should be too much of a difference but you need to have your eye doctor fit them on you,have you do a trial period and and write a prescription for for before you can order them. the freshlook brand

eyesight2020 :

Any other questions,leave them in the box below.

eyesight2020 :

If not please rate this question before you leave the website.

eyesight2020 :

Thank You.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I am currently using Acuvue 2 for my right eye.

From my understanding of BC, the difference between 8.6 and 8.7 is not usually a very big deal.

Is the difference between 14.50 and 14.00 very large? If you were fitting someone, is that something that you would try to fit them with?

Because you are going from a smaller diameter /flatter base curve to a larger diameter/steeper base curve the fit would be similar.

So I would have the patient try the lens on,and since theoretically it should fit

I would evaluate the lens on the eye and check the movement of the lens.

As long as it look as if it centered well and moved well and there was no issue with the lens being felt along the lid margins then I would have the patient do a trial period followed up by writing a prescription

Does this makes sense.

Please be advised that this answer is only for information purposes and does not substitute a visit at your eye doctors office nor can this answer be used to obtain contacts unless you have a prescription written by your doctor.