Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My brothers eyebrows is slowly falling out. He used to have

My brothers eyebrows is slowly falling out. He used to have thick bush eye brows and now they are almost gone. The little that he have it very flaky, I believe he have a bad case of psoriasis. He went to the dermatologist but she didn't give him anything, now he is very discourage. What can he buy over the counter, to help the flaking and him losing his eyebrows?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Unfortunately, there is nothing that your brother can buy over the counter that is going to help with this condition. :(

Dr. Rick :

I'm sorry to hear that the dermatologist that he consulted with did not offer any advice but, at this point, I believe his best option is to consult with another dermatologist and obtain a second opinion.

Dr. Rick :

I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three faces, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Unfortunately, there is nothing that your brother can buy over the counter that is going to help with this condition. :(
Dr. Rick : I'm sorry to hear that the dermatologist that he consulted with did not offer any advice but, at this point, I believe his best option is to consult with another dermatologist and obtain a second opinion.
Dr. Rick : I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Dr. Rick : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS