Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I started taking L-carnosine supplements and so far have noticed

I started taking L-carnosine supplements and so far have noticed improvement in my overal feeling. I've read more about it and came across the following "Another form of carnosine called n-acetylcarnosine is available in eye drops. This form of carnosine is not for oral use as it is not absorbed through the stomach, but it has demonstrated some remarkable effects on patients with cataracts, a condition caused by the free-radical damage to the eye lens. In some cases, the cataracts went away completely, and these results were maintained with regular use of the drops." I don't have a cataract but I do have some astigmatism and I wear glasses for reading. Should I use the above-mentioned eyedrops to improve my vision? Thank you,

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. That is an excellent question.

Dr. Rick :

I can tell you with 100% confidence that you should NOT use these drops. Save your money.

Dr. Rick :

Everything that you have copied about what these drops can do is totally incorrect. The drop will also not help with your astigmatism or need for reading glasses.

Dr. Rick :

Spend your hard earned money on someone you love instead :-)

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Hi. That is an excellent question.
Dr. Rick : I can tell you with 100% confidence that you should NOT use these drops. Save your money.
Dr. Rick : Everything that you have copied about what these drops can do is totally incorrect. The drop will also not help with your astigmatism or need for reading glasses.
Dr. Rick : Spend your hard earned money on someone you love instead :-)
Dr. Rick : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
Dr. Rick : I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS