Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

RICK MD ONLY-: Can high blood pressure make you tired?

RICK MD ONLY-:
Can high blood pressure make you tired?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Usually high blood pressure has no symptoms at all.

Dr. Rick :

As such, I high BP should not make you tired.

Customer:

Oh well...i was looking for a CAUSE

Dr. Rick :

If, however, you are worried that your BP may be too high, you can check it at home with a BP machine, or at many walmarts and drug stores for free.

Dr. Rick :

Tons of things can make you tired but high BP is usually not one of them :)

Customer:

I have a BP machine-so far, w/o my meds it was around 126/80

Customer:

Then tonight it was 143!

Dr. Rick :

that BP value is just fine. No reason to think it might be causing you any problems.

Customer:

So i tho't mebbe it was in some way related, even tho' i know high BP is "The Silent Killer..."

Dr. Rick :

143 is a bit high, but not an emergency in a person with a history of high bp. Plus, readings vary from moment to moment and a milidly high reading here and there is nothing to be too concerned about.

Dr. Rick :

I wouldn't go out and max out your credit cards hoping you won't be around to have to pay them off with BP reading like those :)

Customer:

WHEW!!

Dr. Rick :

Thanks for requesting me ;)

Customer:

I'm still gonna take it again before bed...

Dr. Rick :

ok.

Dr. Rick :

Get some good sleep.....

Dr. Rick :

and we can finish the other thread later.

Customer:

Are you kidding??? You are my Go-To Guy now, even if you DO love retinas best!

Dr. Rick :

:-)

Dr. Rick :

Retina is what I do.....

Customer:

Yes we can if it is OK w/YOU...

Dr. Rick :

That's fine with me.

Dr. Rick :

TTYL.

Customer:

Yes, and i REALLY want to hear about it

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer:

OK-Bye for now!

Dr. Rick :

It is a very rewarding speciality.

Dr. Rick :

bye

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanx for your reassurance.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FYI-;

BP was 117/70 when i went to bed last night-false alarm, i guess--'had the slleve of the 2 shirts i was wearing up and they must have caused a false positive high reading.

On the DOWNSIDE, my eight it going up-i am quite concerned.

My husband says it is bec we have been eating out a LOT lately, and ALL food in restaurants is salty...

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I, myself, have tried the "eat more and exercise less" diet.....with very little weight loss to date.

As a general rule, husbands are always right. ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am SO glad you are my Go-To Guy....a sense of humor is very important to me.

I plan to weigh in again in about a week, as once again we are scheduled for a boatloada dinners out....wherein i will plan for leftovers....

But ya, i DID walk for 40mins. yesterday, and hope to keep that up, as my hip etc. feels a LOT better when i MOVE (OR stand, oddly enough--surprises every day!!!!). 'Am still on the Voltaren;'plan to use it 'til my mid-March Surgeon app't.....perhaps THAT is making me retain water?

As you can see, i am desperately searching for a Fall Guy!!

Your Loyal

Madeleine

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Madeleine,

I'm glad your hip is feeling better. The more exercise you can get the better you should feel. Have you thought about swimming for exercise? This burns a lot of calories and is very easy on the joints.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We've actually joined a local pool, because it was virtually the ONLY thing i was ABLE to do before i needed my replacement(but even THAT was tough: getting OUT was sheer MURDER!)....However, w/17 degrees out, i am loath to going there, bec we can only go at night, it being in a school...

So we joined a fitness club, where i can get on a treadmill....i don't LOVE it; it is boring, but i bring my own music along...i am going to try to get back to THAT a bit more regularly...Honestly, and i am not excusing it, it is VERY hard to go out when it is so COLD-plus i have been experiencing a LOT of fatigue daily, for some unknown reason-which usually responds well to:guess WHAT??? ACTIVITY!

Whod'a thunk THAT??

Cheers!

~M~

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear that you are working hard to get out and exercise, however, in my world 17 degrees F is hot: It's -18F outside my window at this moment.....

Take care and keep up the good work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just got back from walking on treadmill....'am REALLY trying to do all you suggest!!

Where do you live-Antarctica?? No, seriously, i assume it is WI, as you like the Packers...

How do you stay WARM?????

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Layers.....it's all about layering your clothes.

Northern Wisconsin.....
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD