Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

my son has herpes on his junk but he thinks he can spread it

my son has herpes on his junk but he thinks he can spread it to his nose and eys or thinks he just did cuz his eyes are burning and nose looks like the other stuff he has but i read that is impossible.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : While it is quite unlikely that there was transmission of herpes virus from the genital region to the eye, it is not impossible. This had happened before but is usually quite uncommon. If he's having symptoms in his eyes then he would do best to see an ophthalmologist to rule out a herpes infection in the eyes. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved... Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

my son is very stubborn and wont see a dr thinks its to embarrassing to go or get onto anything. his girlfriend gave it to him and he is very upset and when she left he tried to kill himself and still this whole thing is overwhelming for him. Since he is over 23 not much we can do i had him in a mental hospital but they let him go cuz he is a very smart person can talk his way out of anything. i ordered him that red marine algae hopeing he will take it and see some kind of future. Again thank you i just dont know how to educate him on this when he wont even believe a doctor or anyone.