Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have found a product called N-Acetyl Carnosine for foggy

Customer Question

I have found a product called N-Acetyl Carnosine for foggy lens in the eye. It has been studied abroad and is used here now, and promoted by Dr. XXXXX XXXXX. My doctor, of course has never heard of it, but I am reading some very interesting results. Do you have any definitive results that you can relay.

Susan Stevens
Licensed Massage Therapist.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB :

One study is shown here: While this study suggests that the NAC drops improve the cataract opacities, glare and visual acuity from the cataracts, it is an underpowered study and doesn't speak of what the results could also mean (that the NAC drops may not be the only reason for the improvement in visual acuity and glare).

Doctor DanB : Have you seen this study yet?
Doctor DanB : Are you there?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : If not, Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!