Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Yesterday, my wife was cooking, had a discomfort in her left

Yesterday, my wife was cooking, had a discomfort in her left eye, it became a little yellow and a small bubble popped up on the white part, her vision got blurry. Went to ER, PA gave anti-biotic, but little answers, said maybe Conjuctivitis ?? I've been Optician for years never saw that, Any Ideas?

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Did she rub her eye?

Customer:

yes, a few times over a 20 min. period

Customer:

It seems to be getting better, but she is concerned about the HOW it occurred? Alergic reaction or what?

Customer:

She is an RN has worked Opthamology in the past, never seen this.

Doctor DanB :

This is likely from rubbing the eye.

Doctor DanB :

It can actually happen quite rapidly in response to trauma to the eye such as eye rubbing. It's essentially a histamine reaction that causes the bump. It can come on over seconds, but take days (sometimes) to fullly go away).

Doctor DanB :

Does this make sense?

Customer:

Thanks! It calms some nerves. GOOD To KNOW! If it doesn't clear by tomorrow she will follow up with local Opthamologist. which was the next suggested option by the PA. I will except answer with a Excellent ! Thanks again! XXXXX!