Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I looked out my window and next door I think they were welding

Customer Question

I looked out my window and next door I think they were welding a frame for a trailor. I was half asleep but was not in window for more than a minute guessing . It was 40-60 feet away. Any dangers of eye burn?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. No, thankfully you are not at risk for weldr's burns from this distance. Do you have any other questions?
Doctor DanB : If not, Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : Thanks I read somewhere where you could get a burn and it scared me
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : What is a safe distance
Doctor DanB : There really isn't an exact distance beyond which you are safe, but I would imagine at least 20 feet.
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : One last question can an eye dr see things in your eyes
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : Like in your brain
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : I saw an article that eye drs can see things about your health
Doctor DanB : An eye doctor can, by looking at your eyes, often see the effects of problems in your brain on your eyes and can therefore infer problems in the brain from looking at your eyes. The article is correct.
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : Oh ok, I was wondering like anyeurusms ect
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : I have a checkup every year and often wonder what they look for
Doctor DanB : I see. They look for any abnormality in the eye and sometimes they can see things that allow them to know of other things wrong in the body.
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : I have prediabetes too so I always ask if I've got diabetic eyes. I also have ocular migraines which still frighten me quite a bit and I never have one when the eye dr is in so he never gets to see it when I'm having ind
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : By the way he so far has said no diabetic eyes which I'm only prediabetes from e new guidelines of 99 and under
Doctor DanB : Your eye doctor wouldn't be able to see anything wrong even if he did look in your eyes while you were having the migraine, so it's okay :) the diagnosis of a migraine is usually made by the patient's history anyway.
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : I also have what they think I'd meneires and I often wonder if it is caused by my eyes as sometimes they have said I haven't had meneires.
Doctor DanB : No, there's no connection between Meniere's disease and the eyes.
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : I get car sick am extreme amount basically every time I go out
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : Well they said I didn't have it
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : They go back and forth
Doctor DanB : Im sorry. I have to step away from my desk. Did you have any other questions about the welding topic?
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : But I get do car sick in that I am feeling like I'm still moving or can't turn my head around on,y when I felt out of the car I don't notice it whole in the car
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : And it's better when I am in a vehicle that sets up high
JACUSTOMER-8xxbicqs- : So so during if there is an eye connection
Doctor DanB : Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.