Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

For the past month my eyes have been itchy and very puffy to

For the past month my eyes have been itchy and very puffy to the point of wanting to close. I continue to think it is a food allergy and have cut out most of it but it has come back even worse. Could it be my pillows

Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom :

Are you available to chat about your question?

Dr. Tom :

It appears that you are standing by...just type a quick reply and we will get started with your answer.

Dr. Tom :

Since you are not replying here I will switch to the Q and A format. Don't worry if you see a notice that our chat has ended.......we will get started when you are available.

Type your reply and we will get started..

Dear Dexter, I am waiting to hear from you so we can work on your question.

Hi, we will get started when you are available.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Dr Tom. Are you there?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Dr Tom. Are you there?

Hi....let's get started..OK?
Your itchy eyes could be an allergy to your pillow, your detergent or numerous causes. But the objective is to get you doing something to feel better, right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. I have taken 2 benadryls with 2mg dose

Thanks.....first you should know that you have a problem that we see and manage almost every day in our eye practice. Most people get good relief from the itchiness and puffiness with an OTC eye drops called Zaditor 4 times day in each eye. It is very safe and effective. And you can use it at the same time as the benadryl. Also apply cool compresses to your eyes several times a day .Please let me know if you have any other questions.