Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

Hi, I have been told I have tinnitus and migraines but when

Hi, I have been told I have tinnitus and migraines but when I close my eyes or lay down at all my stomach get really nauseated my ears start ringing really loud my head pounds and I start to tingling and some times my back sweats all at once and so i have not been sleeping at all went to a otolaryngology and my stomach is nauseated most of the time he put me on buspar for tinnitus and topiramate for migraines I have lose 35 pounds in four months I also have some ringing in ears in the day and pressure in my head in the day off and on. He said he has seen migraines do strange things before it has just gotten worse as time has gone on more offen and after this happens my ears ring and my head hurt for a long time. Have you heared of this before or something like this can you explain why this happens everyone says he is a wounderful otolaryngology doctor but I forgot to ask him why.

Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom :

Please send an email when you are available to chat and I will be glad to talk with you on line about your question. Thanks.

Dr. Tom :

Hello again....are you available to chat?

Dr. Tom :

It looks like you are trying to enter the chat room. I am standing by to hear from you.

Dr. Tom :

Since there may be a problem with using this format, I will switch us over to the question and answer format. Even though you may see a posting that our chat has ended.....don't worry..I will stay with you until your question is answered....just let me know when you can chat.

Let's try it here....let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

canyou reply to my first question please.

Yes, I will be glad to. From re-reading your post you asked if we have ever heard of this before...the answer is yes. It sounds like your ENT doctor has made an accurate diagnosis. And the medications he put you on are appropriate. Migraine works in many ways, and the symptoms that you are dealing with are consistent with the pattern. Do you have any other specific questions is morning?
Please let me know what other questions you have about your tinnitus and headache pattern?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you get my last question about closing my eyes?

Yes, in your posting you stated...."when I close my eyes or lay down at all my stomach get really nauseated my ears start ringing really loud my head pounds and I start to tingling and some times my back sweats all at once and so i have not been sleeping".....these are all migraine/stress related symptoms. Migraine presents in many ways, and the stress component is a major part of management. Your ENT's choice of medications fits his assessment. You might want to consider making an appointment with a specialist in your area that has a great track record with treating all of the various varieties of migraine. Does that make sense?