Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Customer Question

Yesterday I awoke and looked at the wall as my eyes opened and my right eye had an enormous floater in it, a large circle, and when asked to describe it, I said it was black that looked like it had been aerated, a million pin pricks of light within the black circle. I went to see my Ophthalmologist and upon dilation, he found that I had a retinal hemmorage (term scared me a bit), but he took a picture and showed me, a drop of blood behind the retina - asked if I had been coughing hard lately to which I had answered I have been -- I've had a cold. He had me make a 4 week appointment because he wants to make sure that it's at least receeding in that time frame, but assumed it will be gone by then. I asked if there was anything I should look for that should indicate my coming back and he said no. Today I've noticed one little pin prick of light pretty often when I'm looking at the computer screen. Would you say this is just part of the same issue?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Is this little pin prick of light static or does it flash or twinkle?
Customer :

Customer :

The Dr. yesterday was very certain this was not dangerous in any way, I just want to see if this newest element means anything (which I hope not because we are in the middle of a blizzard right now expecting 3ft of snow in Massachusetts).

Doctor DanB : This can be associated with that little hemorrhage if there is some swelling in the retina because of it or if there is some traction on the retina (same process that caused the floater).
Doctor DanB : So no, I don't think this is a new problem.
Customer :

I wasn't sure, and thought maybe that

Customer :

it was because

Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : If not, Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!