Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have had what seem to be cluster headaches for the past three

I have had what seem to be cluster headaches for the past three days. I can feel it in my temples, and it seems to be associated with my eyes - it sometimes hurts to move my eyes back and forth. My left eye is worse than my right. Ibuprofen doesn't seem to help much. I get dizzy and confused or have messed up certain tasks. My neck and back ache. I have been feeling warm then cold, but have not had a fever. In fact, my temperature has been hanging out between 96.8 - 97.5. I've been really thirsty, and I'm trying to drink a lot of water. I feel exhausted. I take fluoxetine, lo-loestrin, and fluticasone nasal spray.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Have you ever had these symptoms before?

Customer:

I've had cluster headaches before, but they usually go away by now. I'm starting on my third day with them

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that, given your history, you are having another -- albeit more severe -- cluster headache. That being said, I do not like that your are really thirsty and exhausted.

Dr. Rick :

With the weekend coming up, it might be best to get in to see your primary care MD for some simple blood work (r/o diabetes etc) and, at least, obtain some Rx strength medication to break this headache, if that is all that it turns out to be.

Dr. Rick :

Sometimes, just a liter of IV fluids can make you feel better and break the attack.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to yo?

Dr. Rick :

you?

Customer:

Yes. Thank you.

Dr. Rick :

I have a long personal history of migraine headaches, so I know what you are going though :(

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS