eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

Last Wednesday I had a pressure/tingiling over my left eye.

Customer Question

Last Wednesday I had a pressure/tingiling over my left eye. Since then, the pressure had been at the front of my forehead, between my eyes. I have had a stiff neck, but my massage made that feel better. I am just not sure what is going on. I have been confused a little, and the symptoms come and go. But again, I have the fullness right now. Last week I was doing a great deal of driving, and today I was in front of the computer a lot. I have been tired, but then again that may be due to work. Thoughts?
Category: Eye
Expert:  eyesight2020 replied 1 year ago.

eyesight2020 :

Hello

eyesight2020 :

I see you are offline at the moment.I just have a couple of questions

Customer:

I am online

Customer:

What are the questions?

eyesight2020 :

Do you have any medical issues or a history of cluster headaches.

Customer:

No.....never had headaches

eyesight2020 :

Are you currently wearing glassess just for distance or are they bifocals?

Customer:

and I would not classify as what I have as a headache. More like a pressure/tightness above my nose

Customer:

never had glasses, always had good vision

eyesight2020 :

tightness between your eyebrows

Customer:

yes, but above them in the forehead area... thx!

eyesight2020 :

When you were driving did you have any issues such as difficulty seeing street signs and when you were on the computer any blurriness of your vision

Customer:

No......

eyesight2020 :

You currently are at the age in which presbyopia occurs.

Customer:

What is that exactly?

eyesight2020 :

Although you may feel you have good distance vision, because the muscles of the that doing the focusing for reading upclose sre getting weaker you may actually be straining yours eyes when you are working on the computer

eyesight2020 :

muscles of the eyes

Customer:

I would not say I have vision problems, again more of a tightness

Customer:

does driving cause that to happen also?

eyesight2020 :

If you are straining your eye s in any way you may feel a tightness

Customer:

What do you reccomend I do? Should I go to my doctor?

eyesight2020 :

Alsoworking on the computer your blink rate decreases resulting in a decrease of your natural tearfilm being distibuted to adequately coat your eyes so at the end of a long period of time on the computer your eyes may get tired and achy

Customer:

does this strain also cause confusion? Again, thx for chatting w me:)

eyesight2020 :

If you have not been to your eye doctor recently, I would go and be evaluated for dry eyes

eyesight2020 :

as well as be evaluated for a need for possibly bifocal glassess

eyesight2020 :

You could try using Refresh artificial tears in the meantime to see if this helps

eyesight2020 :

Do you have any other questions?

Customer:

no, thank u very much!

eyesight2020 :

If this has answered your question please rate this answer .

eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience: provide eyecare information for adults and children
So in summary,as far as the issue of the confusion,I do not believe it is eye related so I would mention that to your primary care doctor and also follow up with your eye doctor to be evaluated for the issues discussed above