Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

RA-CSV

Customer Question

WAS DIAGNOSED W PINK EYE DRAINAGE IS MOSTLY GONE BUT EYES ARE VERY SWOLLEN WILL BENADRYL HELP TAKE SWELLEN OUT IF WHAT OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINE WILL HELP
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Benadryl might help if there is an allergic component to the swelling.

Dr. Rick :

Did you use any eye drops or medicines for this pink eye episode?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i have used the drops now my eyes are very swollen

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Benadryl might help if there is an allergic component to the swelling.
Dr. Rick : Did you use any eye drops or medicines for this pink eye episode?
Dr. Rick : Are you available to chat?

Do you have any other symptoms?

What type of doctor treated you for the pink eye? Was it an ophthalmologist, optometrist, GP or some other care giver?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Do you know the name of the drops? How long ago did you last use the drops?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
WOW!! Rated me as providing poor service when all I have been trying to do is get more information so I can assist you better, irrespective of technical problems with the chat system.

That is not very nice at all.

I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.