Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

Over the past several year I have had to wear glasses to read.

Over the past several year I have had to wear glasses to read. However my "far-sighted" vision is 15/20 or excellent. I enjoy target shooting but now find I cannot see the rear gun sight clearly and if wear glasses, then cannot see the target clearly. Any suggestions? Would Lasik surgery resolve?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom :

Are you available to chat.?

Customer:

Yeas and thanks, Pressly

Dr. Tom :

Great, first let me tell you that I share your problem and have to deal with the same issue. But it's worth it. Give me a second to type out an answer for you.

Customer:

Ok!

Dr. Tom :

The best way for us "over-50s" to see our target and our site pattern is too, is to have a pair of shooting glasses made with clear lens in the top to see the target....and with a small bifocal power set for the site distance in the bottom. With that type of lens, it only takes a small shift in the eye position to shift from the target to the site and quickly back to the target. Does that make sense and help you?

Customer:

Is that something that my local vision doctor can fabricate or do I have to go to a specialist?

Dr. Tom :

You bet, any eye doc can do it for you. I hope that helps you....as it does me and all of my shooting friends. Anything else?

Customer:

I shall take your advice and I greatly appreciate your service. Have a wonderful and blessed day. Pressly

Dr. Tom :

Thanks and good shooting!

Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience: 30 years experience treating patients with eye problems