Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems

RA hg

Customer Question

MY EYE DOCTOR TELLS ME MY OPTIC NERVES ARE WHITE.WHAT WOULD CAUS THIS AND IS IT SERIOUS
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Tom :

It appears that you are on line now. Please type a brief reply and we can get started.

Customer :

kindly respond to my question

Dr. Tom :

Great. May I ask you a couple of questions to get started?

Customer :

yes

Dr. Tom :

Thanks,........what general medical conditions are you under treatment for at this time and do you have any recent loss of vision?

Customer :

this will take too long please cancel mu request

Dr. Tom :

The most common cause for optic nerves to have a white appearance is optic neuritis. I will try to do this breifly and answer your question.

Dr. Tom :

I will be happy to keep answering your questions until you are satisfied.

Customer :

continue

Dr. Tom :

Allright...thanks. You asked what would cause this .....a very common cause in the 70 year old range is commonly refered to a hardening of the arteries. And yes to your question about it being serious. Your ophthalmologist will want to determine what conditions you have that might explain things in your case. What questions does this information bring to mind at this point?

Customer :

none-thank you

Dr. Tom :

OK...may I suggest that you take a look at the Mayo Clinic web page on optic neuritis...http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/optic-neuritis/DS00882 best wishes, and thank you for letting me help you with your question.

Dr. Tom :

Since you rated my attempt to help you as poor.....may I ask how I failed to give you the information your requested. I am available to continue to answer you until you are satisfied.

Dr. Tom :

Experts are on line to help, so we really do want to work hard to satisfy clients. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do that would allow you to give me a positive rating?

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Drew,

Experts are on line to help, so we really do want to work hard to satisfy clients. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do that would allow you to give me a positive rating? Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THE INFO YOU P[ROVIDED REALLY DID'NT HELP ME -SINCE I'M NOT SATISFIED THE BILL AS PER MY RESPONSE IS NULLIFIED

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Drew for your response. At anytime you would like, I would be more than happy to address in detail this issues related to your optic nerves. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please acknowledge i will not be charged for the remaining 553.00 your answer was not satisfactory.

I will not accept any re-occurring charges to my visa account.

Drew XXXXXXX

Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hi Drew,

I will refer your concerns to Just Answer Administrative personal.

Again, I am so sorry that you terminated our encounter before we could develop fully the information you seeked. I wish you would reconsider and give me at least a passable rating so I am not penalized for what we did discuss.

Thanking you in advance.

Best wishes.