Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
25407765

RA - fvh

Customer Question

HI MY NAME ISXXXXX GOT SCAR IN MY RIGHT EYE, ITS ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD ANS THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHERE EVER I LOOK WITH THIS EYE THE SOME POINT IS BLIND
CAN I GET BACK MY EYE BACK
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You have not mentioned where exactly is the scar in the eye- on the cornea ( visible externally) or in the macula ( not seen externally) ?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Going by your description , it looks like you have a macular scar ( inside the eye in the retina). Unfortunately it is a permanent condition with not much hopes for a cure. So far there are no known proven treatment modalities for treatment of macular scar.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Wherever you look appears blind because of a central scotoma ( non-seeing area in the visual field) due to the scar.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I am afraid that I had to give the facts so bluntly.

Customer :

yes i am available

Customer :

the scar is in the middle of the eye

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is it seen externally on the cornea?

Customer :

i can't see any scar, looking on mirror

Dr. A.S. Desai :

In that case the scar must be in the macula only.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Sorry but this is an irreversible condition.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you there?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

when i close one eye and look, the main spot where i look is blind and i can see the surroundings

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes, that is exactly what a central scotoma is.

Customer :

what i can do now any treatment for this

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Unfortunately it is a permanent condition with not much hopes for a cure. So far there are no known proven treatment modalities for treatment of macular scar.

Customer :

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX operation

Customer :

any chance to cure

Dr. A.S. Desai :

No cure as of now

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

Experts are credited only if a positive rating is given and not otherwise. So do remember to give your rating. A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response. An excellent feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Customer :

i saw many videos on youtube to curing macular scar is anyone there to help me

Customer :

what i can do now

Customer :

just close the site

Customer :

Thanks dr anyway

Customer :

hello any one there

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are welcome but the damage is done... You gave me a poor rating...bad service....

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.