Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have pain and pressure in my eyes when I look around. I

I have pain and pressure in my eyes when I look around.
I also am feeling very fatigued lately which is extremely unusual for me

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Where is the pain and pressure located?

Dr. Rick :

Is it only when you move your eyes?

Dr. Rick :

Is your vision affected at all?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Dr. Rick :

How long has this been going on for?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Welcome to chat. Are you there?

Customer: It has been going on for the last week...
Customer: I do take medication I take Topamax but have not been taking it regularly, also I take thyroid medication and have been off of it for the last week... Also on occasion I take spironolactone, to clear up breakouts on my face.
Customer: recently I had a reaction to a retinol cream.
Dr. Rick :

I am sure that you understand that you need to take your thyroid medicine every day for the rest of your life in the majority of cases......

Customer: went to the dermatologist she gave me a steroid cream to put just under my eyes. I have a very busy life and am under lots of stress. Ha! Who isn't! But I do not take anything for stress or anxiety! Usually have lots of pain in my neck and shoulders and head just wondering if it's muscular skeletal and have moved to my eyes is that a possibility? Oh and yes I do understand that I should take my thyroid medication I just had one out of town and left it at my daughters house
Dr. Rick :

OK. Thanks for that extra information.

Dr. Rick :

The most common cause of pain around the eyes like you are currently experiencing is an issue with the sinus' . From what you have posted, I do not believe that you have an intrinsic issue with your eyes.

Dr. Rick :

Also, just being off your thyroid meds for a week can cause all sorts of problems, including muscle aches/pains, lethargy etc.

Dr. Rick :

So. What should you do? Make sure you are back on your thyroid meds, get your thyroid levels rechecked in the near future, sit down, relax and enjoy the Superbowl :-)

Customer: Brilliant advice thanks for your time
Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick