Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hi,I have had an issue with my left eye for about 8 months

Customer Question

Hi, I have had an issue with my left eye for about 8 months now, it started with an itchy eyelid (upper left side), then 2 mouth ulcer like white patches appeared and the surrounding tissue is swollen and red causing pressure on the eye (causing red eye in on the left side of the eye), they are getting bigger slowly and I also have now having nasal and left ear pressure that is constant (like if I was landing on a plane), I have been on 2 separate antibiotic treatments for infection, months of different eye drop treatment including steroids but it has not worked (my eye doctor does not know what it is). Here is a link to a closeup of the upper left eyelid flipped. Picture here It is not a great picture, they look like mouth ulcers, they are not styes and don't have any puss or anything, they are on the surface.

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

While the picture is not perfectly clear, that appears to be a conjunctival concretion.

Dr. Rick :

They are not a sign of any serious pathology and, in the vast majority of cases, require no treatment.

Dr. Rick :

If, however, they are bothering you the concretion can be removed in the doctors office. Here is a webpage showing how this is done:

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick