Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I wear gas semi permeable contacts . On my eye right at temporal

I wear gas semi permeable contacts . On my eye right at temporal border of iris and schlera there is a very small blister possibly the border of cornea . I have been using ( one day ) vigamox . My self diagnosis . Is there something better ? Do you think this to be cornea ulcer ? The blister ( ulcer ) does make the schlera red only in its area; radiates maybe twenty degrees .

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB : Is it tender to the touch?

the complete globe and area but no

Doctor DanB : Light-sensitive?

Doctor DanB : It's unlikely this is a corneal ulcer based on your description. Yes, Vigamox is probably the best of the available outpatient antibiotics, but this is probably an inflamed pinguecula. Though because you are a contact lens wearer you are susceptible to serious infections. I would say that if you've been on Vigamox for 24 hrs without significant improvement then you should see your ophthalmologist.

well vigamox about 12 hours first dose yesterday at 800 pm , vigamox works that quick , within 24 hrs?

Doctor DanB : You should see some significant improvement in 24 hrs, yes, with Vigamox.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

no and correct just saw pictures of it , your right thank you doctor

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck! Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!