Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

My husband is a relatively healthy 48. 2-4 dizzy spells per

My husband is a relatively healthy 48. 2-4 dizzy spells per day last 5-6 months (not just when standing/sitting up). Yesterday complained of headache which has not gone away after taking advil. This morning he added a stiff neck, eyes sensitive to light and "tingly" skin. Should i just lock him away from me so i don't catch it or should he consider going to 24/7 clinic or emergency room or should he just make an appointment. He did call his doctor about the dizzy spells 6 weeks ago & his doctor sent him motion sickness pills in the mail - no help at all. He receives his medical treatment from the VA so an appointment would be 3-6 weeks away. At this time he is wrapped up in a blanket laying on the couch.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

From what you have posted, the duration of his symptoms and the fact that he is getting nothing but worse, I would have to say that it is time for him to see a doctor....and a doctor that is willing to do more then just "mail" him pills.

Dr. Rick :

I'd take him to a 24/7 clinic. If they think that he would be better treated at an emergency room, they will make sure he gets to one.

Dr. Rick :

While my wife would probably agree with the "lock the husband up and see if he lives" approach to medicine I think, as a husband myself, it would be a kinder and gentler thing to haul him to a doctor. ;-)

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : From what you have posted, the duration of his symptoms and the fact that he is getting nothing but worse, I would have to say that it is time for him to see a doctor....and a doctor that is willing to do more then just "mail" him pills.
Dr. Rick : I'd take him to a 24/7 clinic. If they think that he would be better treated at an emergency room, they will make sure he gets to one.
Dr. Rick : While my wife would probably agree with the "lock the husband up and see if he lives" approach to medicine I think, as a husband myself, it would be a kinder and gentler thing to haul him to a doctor. ;-)
Dr. Rick : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick