Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

hi small blurring in my right eye, for 2 days wnt to doctor

Customer Question

hi small blurring in my right eye, for 2 days wnt to doctor today gave my high blood pressure pills and scheduled blood tests for me said i will be fine and the blurring will go away. I am so nerveous and afraid right now i dont know what to do.. am i overreacting  will this blurring go away

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you know the name of the pills your doctor gave you?

Dr. Rick :

What did the doctor find wrong with you during the exam?

Dr. Rick :

Were you examined by an ophthalmologist?

Dr. Rick :

Welcome to chat. Are you there?

Dr. Rick :

What do you mean by "light blurring"?

Dr. Rick :

How is your vision now?

JACUSTOMER-hsxqysx5- : Hi he did the exam. Vision was very good. But he said small leakage and swelling in retina. He gave me metoprolol and captopril. I was very nervous renal ultrasound next week. I asked him if I will b ok and if the blurring would go away he said yes once swelling comes down
Dr. Rick :

I am a retina specialist. Do you know if the doctors mentioned a condition called central serous chorioretinopathy, or CSR?

Dr. Rick :

Did you see my response and question above?

Dr. Rick :

Given your age and from what you have posted I believe CSR is most likely what it going on with your retina.

Dr. Rick :

Are you there?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Dr. Rick :

The good news? This usually resolves without any permanent vision loss in 3 months or so and it usually does not need any treatment.

Dr. Rick :

Here is a good webpage on this topic:

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Do you know the name of the pills your doctor gave you?
Dr. Rick : What did the doctor find wrong with you during the exam?
Dr. Rick : Were you examined by an ophthalmologist?
Dr. Rick : Welcome to chat. Are you there?
Dr. Rick : What do you mean by "light blurring"?
Dr. Rick : How is your vision now?
Dr. Rick : I am a retina specialist. Do you know if the doctors mentioned a condition called central serous chorioretinopathy, or CSR?
Dr. Rick : Did you see my response and question above?
Dr. Rick : Given your age and from what you have posted I believe CSR is most likely what it going on with your retina.
Dr. Rick : Are you there?
Dr. Rick : I guess you have stepped away from your computer.
Dr. Rick : The good news? This usually resolves without any permanent vision loss in 3 months or so and it usually does not need any treatment.
Dr. Rick : Here is a good webpage on this topic:
Dr. Rick : http://www.retinalmd.com/en/resources/conditions-and-diseases/central-serous-chorioretinopathy/
Dr. Rick : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Please accept my apologies for the technical problems we have experienced with the chat system today.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Frank,

I see you have been able to review my answer since I switched from the frozen chat system.

I am still here if you have any further questions.