Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

HELLO. THIS IS ACTUALLY AN EYE QUESTION...I WAS USING FLONASE

HELLO. THIS IS ACTUALLY AN EYE QUESTION...I WAS USING FLONASE NASAL SPRAY AND HAD AN ADVERSE REACTION CAUSING MY SEPTUM TO CRUST, BLEED, AND GET INFECTED. I AM ON ANTIBIOTICS AND IS GREATLY IMPROVED...HERE'S MY QUESTION....
FOR SOME REASON, I KEEP CHECKING MY WOUND WITH A MIRROR AND FLASHLIGHT. THE FLASHLIGHT IS AN LED AND WHEN I LOOK I CLOSE MY RIGHT EYE AND LOOK WITH MY LEFT EYE AND NOTICE MY LEFT EYE HAS BEEN HURTING INTERMITTENTLY. COULD IT BE FROM THE FLASHLIGHT LED?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There is no need to worry that the LED in the flashlight has harmed your eye in any way.

Dr. Rick :

You are fine.

Customer:

can it cause my eye to hurt from the bright light and looking at my wound several times a day because i'm a worrywort?

Dr. Rick :

As an eye surgeon with 20+ years of clinical experience I can assure you that you have not damaged your eye at all. The discomfort could be referred pain from the issue with your septum

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer:

my septum wound i had for over a month and is slowly healing well can cause discomfort near my eye?

Dr. Rick :

It might. One thing, for sure, is that the LED flashlight is not the cause of the eye pain you are experiencing.

My pleasure