Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

Hi my nose is bleeding badly, can I get a prescription for

Hi my nose is bleeding badly, can I get a prescription for that
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Tom replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom :

Are you available for a chat?

Dr. Tom :

Are you available on line now?

Dr. Tom :

Since you are not available, I will opt out for now. If you would to like to chat with me please send a new email directed to me at JA. Thanks.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am here

Customer:

what is your email address

Dr. Tom :

Hello ...

May I ask you a couple of questions to get started?

Customer:

Sure

Customer:

go ahead please

Dr. Tom :

Have you had nose bleeds like this before?

Customer:

yes couple of times

Dr. Tom :

Do you take blood thinners, or a baby aspirin?

Customer:

I didn't take anything

Customer:

just use some cloths and it stop after a while

Customer:

but now it didn't stop

Dr. Tom :

OK, thanks. Is your question " can you take a prescription medicine to stop or prevent nose bleeds?"

Customer:

yes I would like to have a prescription

Customer:

so I can go and buy some medicines

Customer:

and apply for sick leave at my school

Dr. Tom :

The primary concern is why do you have recurrent bleeds. There is no specific medication that stops nose bleeds. But a full evaluation by an Ear , Nose and Throat specilist can determine if you have an area in your nose that is prone to bleed. If you do, an ENT can fix the problem. In your evaluation blood clotting factors in your blood count may also suggest other types of treatment......but for home/self care, the use of pressure is indicated. If the bleeding continues and you can't control is easily, you should go to an Emmergency Department and have an ER Doc help you out.....Does this make sense?

Customer:

yes but I don't think it is too serious

Customer:

because I experienced it before and it stop after a while

Customer:

can you just give me a precription with some medicines

Customer:

which help regenerate the blood or something

Customer:

and preventing it happening in future

Dr. Tom :

JA is for assistance with answers to your questions. We are not allowed to establish doctor/patient relationships here. In fact it would be un-professional and illegal to do so.............It may be that you do need supplementation with meds or other thing, but you really should see a primary care physician to do blood tests to see what deficiencies you might have which are causing the nose bleeds.....Is there anything else that I may help you with today?

Dr. Tom :

Please let me know if you have any more questions. I am here to answer until you are satisfied that your question has been answered.

Customer:

I just want to have a prescription of medinice I should take

Customer:

is there anything like that u can help me with?

Dr. Tom :

Until we know the reason that you have nosebleeds thereis no way to make a decision about treatment. The help I can give you is to emphasize the need for proper professional diagnosis....which is why you should make an appointment with your physician to get to the root of the problem. Does tht make sense?

Customer:

hello you there?

Dr. Tom :

Yes...I'm still waiting to see if you have anything further?

Customer:

so you not sure about the reason of my nose bleeding?

Customer:

as I said before I believe it isn't too serious

Customer:

I guess by nose skin is too thin and might be due to the cold weather

Customer:

is that help?

Dr. Tom :

Yes you are correct about all of that....................so Until you can get a formal diagnosis, you could try some OTC nasal spray decongestants.

Dr. Tom :

Is there anything else you wish to discuss?

Customer:

can you write that into a fomal precription and send it to me?

Customer:

I am afraid the medical store won't let me get that unless I have prescription

Dr. Tom :

I'm really sorry, but JA does not allow for that . And as I said earlier , it is not the way to approach your problem......However you could print out our discussion and show our conversation to the pharmacist. Since I have mentioned over the counter decongestants, there should be no problem for you to buy a bottle of nasal spray.

Customer:

ok thank you very much

Dr. Tom :

you are welcome.

Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience: 30 years experience treating patients with eye problems